Reading Time: 1 minute
Table of contents
The equipment inside most air ambulances is the similar as the one you will find in an intensive care ward. One – or, in larger medical planes – several mobile hospital beds (the stretchers on which patients are transported) and many medical devices, which constantly analyse patients’ vital signs and emit an alarm signal if there is a problem are present both on long-haul and short-haul medical flights.
What you need to know about air ambulance medical equipment?
- The medical equipment in air ambulances ensures that patients are safe during a medical evacuation or medical repatriation
- Medical Air Service has air ambulances that are fitted with medical equipment similar to that in an ICU
- Our air ambulance medical equipment can be customized according to the patient’s health
Types of medical equipment in an air ambulance
The equipment in each air ambulance can include everything from breathing apparatus and monitoring systems, pacemakers and defibrillators to blood transfusion equipment alongside a comprehensive supply of medication.
Air ambulance equipment and medication can include:
- Adrenalin, propofol
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners), such as heparin
- Other emergency medications
- Breathing apparatus and monitoring systems
- Blood transfusion equipment
- And others
Benefits of air ambulance medical equipment
Thanks to the versatile equipment onboard our air ambulances, we are able to carry ventilated patients safely and at short notice. Indeed, our medical air services team guarantees that our medical planes are bespoke fitted for the requirements of the patients for every trip. All medical equipment and medication carried on board are specially selected to fit the needs of the patient who is being transported. In this way, we can always ensure we deliver the best possible medical care to each patient, globally.
Do you have any questions?
If you would like to know more about medical equipment onboard our air ambulances, please see our list of FAQs.
Contact us for a medical plane
Our team members are available 24/7 to provide advice. We can arrange quick medical flights worldwide.Get in touch now