Reading Time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
- 4 reasons why you should visit Bali
- Healthcare in Bali: Common medical emergencies and what to expect from Bali’s hospitals
- How to get back to the US in the event of a medical emergency in Bali?
- The benefits or our US aeromedical transport services
- Contact us for a free quote for an air ambulance from Bali now!
Bali is the most popular tourist destination among Indonesia's more than 17,000 islands, with millions of visitors flocking to this fascinating destination each year. Here are a few reasons why you should book a flight to Bali.
The key points to remember:
Bali is a tropical paradise for fun, relaxation, partying, shopping, and carefree living. Unfortunately, things may not go as planned during your vacations there. Needing medical attention in a foreign country can be a terrifying experience, so it's a good idea to be aware of the types of medical issues that may arise and what help is available if you need it. Knowing your medical repatriation options can also save you time. Our air ambulances are at your complete disposal for a quick and safe repatriation from Bali to the US.
4 reasons why you should visit Bali
Visiting the Indonesian archipelago rewards visitors with endless beaches, warm-water oases, and black volcanic sands, each of which provides a unique experience. In Bali, where the average daily temperature is around 82 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celcius), you can:
- Indulge in the Balinese culture: Visit shrines, large and small, on the Island of a Thousand Temples to leave offerings of flowers, candy, and incense. Tanah Lot, Ulun Danu, Gunung Lebah, and Goa Lawah are particularly well-known celebrations such as the Bali Spirit Festival or the Bali Kite Festival or to see a Balinese dance.
- Engage your senses: Visit a local festival or performance that depicts local folklore through vibrant body movement.
- Hike an active volcano: Mount Batur is an active volcano that erupts every few years on the island. A popular activity is to hike early in the morning to reach the summit before sunrise.
- Visit rice terraces: Throughout the countryside, the terraced rice paddies are a sight to behold, especially at first light. The rice terraces of Tegallalang, Jatiluwih, and Belimbing are worth seeing.
Healthcare in Bali: Common medical emergencies and what to expect from Bali’s hospitals
We all want a carefree, easygoing vacation where we can relax on the beach while sipping cocktails. However, unexpected emergencies such as the following can derail a dream vacation:
- Surfing injuries (reef burn)
- Bali Belly (traveler's diarrhea)
- A traffic accident that removes too much skin (Bali tattoo)
- Mosquito-borne diseases. Dengue Fever is extremely contagious in Bali, especially in rural areas and during the wet season.
RSUP Sanglah Hospital in Denpasar is Bali's main public hospital. While it does not meet Western standards, it is the largest hospital on the island, with specialists and an international wing. Private hospitals and clinics with comfortable rooms, international standards and specially trained English-speaking medical staff are also available. Siloam Hospital, one of Denpasar's private clinics and hospitals, has a 24-hour emergency department and a wide range of specialties.
With respect to the matter of costs of medical treatment in Bali, they vary greatly depending on the type of treatment received and the medical center visited. However, tourists should be aware that medical care can be prohibitively expensive in Bali. A private hospital room, for example, will set you back around $120, not including treatment.
Considering all of this, exploring their US medical repatriation options allows American travelers to use their health insurance while being closer to their loved ones.
How to get back to the US in the event of a medical emergency in Bali?
Our aeromedical transport services are frequently used to safely transport patients who are ill, injured, or in critical condition from one location to another, usually over long distances. They include:
US air ambulance from Bali
An air ambulance is the quickest way to transport critically ill patients from one facility to another. To meet the patient's critical care needs, our ambulance jets are outfitted with vital medical tools, kits, equipment, and machines, as well as licensed medical professionals, such as critical care nurses, and paramedics. We also offer specialized care to infants and the elderly.
Our medical jets are used for a variety of medical emergencies and non-emergency needs, including:
- Heart attacks
- Dangerous head injuries
- Burn consisting of 50% or more of total body surface area
- Excessive bleeding in any particular area or in multiple areas
- Gestational diabetes, high blood pressure or the possibility of miscarriage or preterm labor in pregnant ladies
- And other conditions
Non-emergency medical escort for commercial flights
Medical escort via commercial flights is a cost-effective option when a patient is able to sit up during takeoff and landing. Throughout the journey, at least one member of our medical team (nurses, physicians or paramedics) will accompany the patient to provide various levels of care. This includes both medical flight care and any necessary ground ambulance transport.
We can transport patients with infectious diseases such as COVID-19 in the safest possible manner in our portable isolation unit. Patients are securely placed in the isolation unit at the time of pickup, which is then pressurized with a negative pressure system, reducing the risk of infectious diseases spreading outside.
Because of the unit's built-in sealing membrane, ports, and ventilation system, our medical crew can continuously monitor the patient and provide any necessary medical interventions for a safe transport. After the patient transport is completed, the isolation unit and the interior of the aircraft are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
The benefits or our US aeromedical transport services
- SAFETY: We make a difference in our patients' lives by safely transporting them back to their home country. Our entire workforce participates in the safety management process and is trained and equipped to identify potential hazards and monitor operations in real time.
- PROXIMITY: Our mission is to make a difference by providing excellent medical care while also demonstrating empathy and compassion. Because every detail counts, we go above and beyond to ensure that the patient's transportation experience is as pleasant as possible. We also provide a welcoming environment in which family members are encouraged to accompany their loved one on the flight, subject to space availability.
- COMFORT AND PRIVACY: We make every effort to make your flight as comfortable as possible. Furthermore, when you travel with us, your privacy is guaranteed.
- CUTTING-EDGE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT: We use the most up-to-date medical equipment to ensure seamless, high-quality medical care between the point of origin and destination.
- HIGHLY TRAINED STAFF: For each aeromedical transport mission, our experienced in-flight team consists of two highly qualified pilots and at least two specialized medical crew members. We hire ICU-level physicians and nurses, as well as registered respiratory therapists and critical care experienced paramedics. Our medical personnel have experience in transporting infants, children, and adults with varying levels of illness and injury.
Contact us for a free quote for an air ambulance from Bali now!
Are you looking for a US air ambulance service to arrange a long-distance patient transportation? Get in touch with our multilingual team so we can advise you on the best mode of transportation for your needs. Our helpful experts will respond as soon as possible to provide you with a free, non-binding quick estimate for your trip.Get in touch now